Thursday, August 4, 2022

Despair over your sins is actually a form of pride

I really love this - not sure if it’s a genuine story, but something I’ve found to be true in my own spiritual journey. 
Often when we sin, we get so frustrated and angry with ourselves and have a pity party. What we don’t realise is that it’s actually pride! 

The devil wants us to grow discouraged, fall into shame and to give up. Instead we need to be humble, repent, say “Jesus I’m sorry, I love you, please have mercy on me and forgive me, help me” and then keep moving forward without dwelling on our sins. 

The only difference between Judas and anyone of us is that Judas didn’t repent, but fell into despair. All of us, while we are alive can repent at any moment. Just turn to Jesus, get back up and with his grace keep walking forward as you carry your cross. It’s human to fall and be weak - but Jesus is always next to us offering us his hand, all we need to do is accept it




No comments:

Post a Comment