Monday, June 14, 2021

Spending time with the Beloved

I wasn’t able to make it to Sunday Mass today due to being unwell with a cold/sinus infection past 4 days now. So this evening I felt the Holy Spirit calling me to go spend some time in adoration. Thankfully my parish has a 24 hour adoration chapel. 

So I went to go pray, spend time with Jesus and see what God was trying to tell me. When I got there I just sat silently and said to Jesus “I missed you today” and then just silently kept repeating “I love you Jesus”. It made me think about people in relationships who miss their beloved and just like to be in their presence, not necessarily doing anything but just miss being with them. 

It was a nice reminder of the intimacy that Jesus is calling me to in the eremitic life. A life of union and intimacy, learning to be with Him, rest in Him and just BE. 

I wasn’t able to receive Jesus in Holy Communion today because of being unwell and not attending Mass, but it was a good reminder that I am still called to Eucharistic intimacy in other ways. 




No comments:

Post a Comment