Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christ as Boddhisattva

As mentioned previously, I have been very interested lately in Mahayana Buddhism, especially concepts that I find are compatible with Catholicism. 

Lojong (mind training) are maxims that have a lot in common with Catholicism, especially the Eight Verses for Training the Mind. I have this printed on my wall at work, along with St John of the Cross' way of Nothingness. 

One of the ideas I have been fascinated with recently is Christ as Boddhisattva - or Christ as the ideal Boddhisattva. Not in the sense of denying his divinity or in some sort of Gnosticism, but as a holy person who takes on suffering for others and leads them away from darkness. 

I recent came across this Kadampa blog that I found wonderful in his Buddhist explanation of Jesus. 

May the peace of Christ be born in your hearts this Christmas, so you can bring the love of God to all people 





No comments:

Post a Comment