Sunday, November 22, 2009

Preparatory thoughts on Christ the King

As I am slowly getting ready to go to Mass this evening to Worship Christ the King of the Universe, I though I would make a quick preparatory note on my thoughts for the post I am planning after I have been to Mass this evening. This all depends of course on my mood after Mass, as I doubt the Church I will be going to will actually focus much on Christ at all....

Anyway, I am thinking of discussing how Christ's Kingship is specifically related with Him As the Son, Shepherd, Great High Priest and the Head of the Church.

More specifically though-the need to recover the sense of Christ's Kingship specifically in the context of his supremacy in our lives.Then relating that to Him having all authority in heaven and earth (linking that with the authority he had to sacrifice His life freely)and that everything must be subject to him whether in Heaven or on earth.

Until then I will leave you with the Preface of Christ the King for you to Ruminate over yourself...
Father, all-powerful and ever-living God,
we do well always and everywhere to give You thanks.

You anointed Jesus Christ, Your only Son,
with the oil of gladness,
as the eternal priest and universal king.
As priest He offered His life on the altar of the cross
and redeemed the human race by this one perfect sacrifice of peace.
As king He claims dominion over all creation,
that He may present to You, His almighty Father,
an eternal and universal kingdom:
a kingdom of truth and life,
a kingdom of holiness and grace,
a kingdom of justice, love, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment